Here are the details for Texas Potjie Festival 2015:
Potjie 2015 will be our 15th annual TX Potjie Festival, and as before, we expect that it will be a magnificent event…
“Back To Basics” – See more below!
On this page:
- Types of Visitors
- Festival Competitions
- Competition Registration
- Festival & Campground Fees
- Other Potjie Activities
Where: Lake Conroe KOA
Telephone: 1 800 562 9750 / 936-582-1200
When: Sep 4 – Sep 7, 2015 (Labor Day weekend)
Campground Website: Lake Conroe KOA
The Texas Potjie Festival has two types of visitors:
- Campers: People who are staying in the campground for the whole weekend of the Festival.
- Day Visitors: People staying outside the campground in hotels and who enter the campground during each day for one or both days. (If you will be a day visitor, here is how to get the most out of Potjie.)
These are the suggested competitions for which the overall winner prize is awarded. (Categories to be finalized)
The competitions are:
- Main Potjie
- Open Potjie
- Youth Potjie
Main Potjie Category: TBD
Open Potjie Category: Anything except the main category.
Registration for Sunday’s competitions will take place from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Sunday. Bring the potjie(s) that you be using for your competition(s) along to registration. They will be inspected to ensure they are rust-free cast-iron potjies, and will be tagged with a special fire-resistant tag to indicate that they have been inspected. Only tagged potjies will be accepted for judging.
Campers: Call KOA at 1 800 562 9750 to make reservations for cabins, RV stands, or tents. Mention that your reservation is for the Potjie Festival.
Tents can also be reserved on RV sites to a limit of two tents per site. (You will pay for a full RV site and will have all the amenities ie Electricity, Water etc)
Cabins are on a first serve basis and limited to one cabin per person calling. Give all a fair chance to reserve.
Generally, there will be two fees to pay, one for the Festival itself. The other is to the campground for the use of campground facilities. Campers pay their camping fees, and Day Visitors pay day-use fees.
All Festival attendees (Campers & Day Visitors) will have the following Festival fees:
- Weekend Package: $15 per adult (18+) and $10 per child (5-17) for Potjie activities. You will get an armband to wear the whole weekend.
- Day Package: $10 per day per adult (18+)and $6 per day per child (5-17) for Potjie activities (sokkie, potjie eating, etc.). You will get an armband to wear.
Day Visitors: If you plan on attending both days, the Weekend Package for the Festival fee is a better deal.
Please be aware that these fees exclude tax. Unfortunately the state requires us to collect sales tax. Fortunately, for a family of 4 (2 adults + 2 children aged 5-17), the taxes on Festival fees would only be $4.13 for the weekend.
To be announced
To be announced